Re: Can I UN-TKPROF my PL/SQL code?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 13:34:14 GMT

A copy of this was sent to xmda_at_hotmail.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 08:13:17 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi fellow Oracle gurus!
>
>If I have protected my PL/SQL code with TKPROF, is there *any* way to turn
>this byte code (or whatever it is) into humanly readable code again?

I think you mean "wrap" not "tkprof". wrap generates a binary version of pl/sql code that is installable without giving out your source code.

No, once something is wrapped, there is no way to unwrap it. Consider "wrapping" to be the equivalent of an object code file -- after the compiler got through with it.

>/M_at_is
>
>Please reply to: xmda_at_hotmail.com

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Mon Apr 20 1998 - 08:34:14 CDT