Re: Exclusive lock

From: Sreejith Gopinath <Sree31_at_viking.cris.com>
Date: 1998/04/18

You can issue an "LOCK TABLE table_name EXCLUSIVE ;" command to lock a table. This would prevent all access except for SELECT.

To prevent SELECT revoke the permissions if that's feasible.

In comp.database.oracle Yoav <yoav_bz_at_netvision.net.il> wrote:
: Hi,
: Does anyone knows how can I issue a "real" exclusive lock in Oracle ?
: When saying "real", I mean that no one else can even SELECT the
: row/table.

: (I thought to use latch or try and update v$ tables).

: thanks,

: Joe
: yoav_bz_at_netvision.net.il