Re: Exclusive lock

From: Pei L. Ku <pku_at_gte.net>
Date: 1998/04/18

Joe,

sorry, there is no lock in Oracle that would prevent other sessions from looking at (i.e., SELECT) a table.

The only way to achieve what I think you want to achieve is thru cooperative programming -- i.e., all applications participating in the synchronized access to certain tables must contain code managing locking.

Pei
Oracle DBA

Yoav <yoav_bz_at_netvision.net.il> wrote in article <3538DCE1.CDDE0A9B_at_netvision.net.il>...