Re: How can I make a table on DB2-Mainframe appear as Oracle view.

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1998/04/18

David Sisk wrote:

> One product that would work is Oracle Transparent Gateway for DB2/MVS. This
> is a listener process that runs on an MVS mainframe, and makes the mainframe
> DB2 database look like another Oracle database to Oracle. You can create
> dblinks that point to the mainframe, so (obviously) you could easily create
> a view that is a "SELECT ... FROM table_name_at_DB2nnn". We use OTG for
> DB2/400, but I'm reasonably sure that OTG for DB2/MVS works pretty much the
> same.
>
> Good luck,
> Dave
>
> James Sim wrote in message <35378E5B.5FC74799_at_juno.com>...
> >Subject pretty much states the challenge. Target table is 1.5M rows.
> >
> >What do I need for middle-ware? Oracle is 7.3.3 or 8.x on hp-ux 10.2 db2
> >is also of recent vintage. What additional products will I need on each
> >side?
> >
> >Thanks in advance - Jim Sim

We use Transparent for DB2/MVS...(the MVS box runs TCP/IP to facilitate this).

Seems to work fine...a little slow but this is more due to our network I would suspect...

Cheers

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology
Perth, Western Australia
"These views mine not BHP..etc etc"

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad."