Personal Oracle8 - Help creating a new database.

From: <scotts_at_trion.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 19:22:59 -0600

I have been using Personal Oracle8 and now that I am aquainted with it I wish to create a new database other than the local database that installs by default. What I am looking for here is for the procedures to follow to do this. I have read the online documentation and still cannot seem to create a new database. What I have done thus far is create the control files and have tried to create the database through the system manager. I have had no luck doing this, if someone could please help I would appreciate it. Also if anyone knows if there is a GUI that is associated with the system manager please let me know, because I have only been able to start it up by the command line. Please email any responses to scotts_at_trion.com and post them also to this news group.

                              Thanks,
                                    Scott