How can I optimize a query on two indexed columns?

From: José Lima Suárez <pplima_at_jet.es>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 23:36:18 +0200

Hi,

I have a query like this:

select col1, col2
from tab1
where col1 = 'x' and col2 = 'y'

and both col1 and col2 have differents indexes, col1 has a lot of rows per value so if Oracle uses this index is slowly than if uses the col2 index (that has a few rows per value).

is there any way to force the index to use in the query execution?

Thanks... Received on Sat Apr 18 1998 - 16:36:18 CDT