Re: TKPROF Question

From: Sreejith Gopinath <Sree31_at_viking.cris.com>
Date: 18 Apr 1998 15:11:37 EDT

Darren Eccles <eg907259_at_stmail.staffs.ac.uk> wrote:
: I'm having trouble with getting timings for executed statements. If I
: issue a statement
: with the trace off and then issue it again with the trace on and then
: use TKPROF no
: timings are returned. Is this because no CPU time etc.. is required for
: statements that
: have already been issued before. Does Oracle store such info about
: previously executed statements so it can be used again if needed, to
: reduce load on the CPU? I'm a bit baffled. Are there any other
: explanations? I checked my init.ora settings and timing is set to true.

: Thanks in advance