Re: Change password of a user from stored procedure

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 13:08:12 +0800

Maike Elverkemper wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to change the password of a db-user (Workgroup Server 7.3) from a
> stored procedure. The stored procedure will be invoked by the
> PL/SQL-Cartridge of the Web Application Server 3.0.
>
> Besides I want to create new databases users from a stored procedure
>
> Is it possible to execute sql-commands like that directly from a stored
> procedure or are there any other possibilities?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Maike

procedure do_ddl(sql_string varchar2) is

    tcursor integer;
    dummy integer;
begin
  tcursor := dbms_sql.open_cursor;
  dbms_sql.parse(tcursor,sql_string,dbms_sql.v7);   dummy := dbms_sql.execute(tcursor);
  dbms_sql.close_cursor(tcursor);
exception when others then
  dbms_sql.close_cursor(tcursor);
  raise;
end;

--

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." Received on Sat Apr 18 1998 - 00:08:12 CDT