HELP: Getting column names with Dynamic SQL and ODBC-RDB

From: Patrik Thelandersson <patrik_at_d1940.vd.volvo.se>
Date: 1998/04/17

Please help me on the following:

I want to get the column name of parameters used in a SQL statement, i.e

INSERT INTO Person VALUES (?, ?)

Is there a ODBC way to get a similar effect to

    EXEC SQL DESCRIBE :procid MARKERS INTO :sqldaMarkers;

If I use SQLDescribeParam I get all information about the column except the name and I really do want to know the name.

I want something like the example below to work with ODBC:

ODBCManager mgr;

mgr.Prepare("INSERT INTO Person VALUES (?, ?)");
mgr.Set("CName", "Fred");
mgr.Set("SurName", "Bloggs");
mgr.Execute();

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Patrik Thelandersson Received on Fri Apr 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT