Serices+Pinning on NT4

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 23:07:38 +0100

Hi All,
I've found a curiousity at my client site running 8.04 on NT4.
I wanted to write a "pinning" sql script to pin a few packages on Oracle startup, this is proving more awkward than expected!. After experiencing various problems, I wrote a simple x.exe which just created a small file and returns 0, I then change strtorcl.cmd so that it reads:
c:\x.exe
oradim80 ....usual stuff

This cmd file runs fine from a shell, but when you try to start the Oracle service, after a *long* pause it reports an NT internal error. Most odd, any ideas? (My small file did not even get created). Thanks
Steve
P.S
RE: Pinning, can anyone give me a definitive answer on whether it is necessary to reference the core packages before pinning (core being STANDARD, DBMS_STANDARD etc). Some tuning books say yes, some say no... --
"The floggings will continue until morale improves." Received on Fri Apr 17 1998 - 17:07:38 CDT