Re: Oracle 7.3 and ODBC

From: <rich_tefft_at_tst.tracor.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:15:29 -0600

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980417104612.25951A-100000_at_valdez.netg.se>, Mikael Schonenberg <micke_at_netg.se> wrote:  I've more or less unwillingly been put in the position where I am to set up and administrate an Oracle database (7.3 under Windows NT). Now, my problem is that I simply fail to open an ODBC connection to the database. have installed the ODBC drivers and set up an Oracle DSN using the ODBC Data Source Administrator. As the SQL*Net Connect String I've entered the very same connect string I use for other tools (e.g. SQL*Plus and SQL Worksheet) to connect to the database, but when I run the ODBC TEST I fail to establish a connection. The errormessage invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBS_VER: %s' that wrong version of the ODBC driver is installed, but installed from the same CD, so that seems somewhat looking forward to any answer from anyone that takes pety on my

95 to 97. When trying to
this error. I downloaded the newest
http://www.oracle.com/products/free_software/ and everything working again. Since ODBC interfaces with non-Oracle products it can be affected by things like this. Hope this helps. Administrator