Unable to start Database Assistant on Oracle 8.0.3/NT 4.0

From: Peter Kuehni <Peter.Kuehni_at_service.rba.ch>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 15:33:54 +0200

I installed the Enterprise Edition 8.0.3 on our Compaq Proliant Server running with NT 4.0. On the same machine are running two instances of Oracle 7.3.4.

The software installation passed without errors, but when I try to start the Database Assistant to create a new Instance and Database, Dr. Watson interferes with the message

    Application error in javaw.exe

The same message is repeated every 30 seconds and it is necessary to reboot the system.

The java virtual machine is correctly installed on the system (the online documentation of Oracle 8.0.3 is running in the java mode).

Has somebody encountered the same problem and found a way to start the database assistant in this situation?

Peter Kühni Received on Fri Apr 17 1998 - 08:33:54 CDT