Re: UTL_FILE -- accessing network drives under NT question

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 02:58:32 GMT

Hi:

I tried the same thing recently. Oracle Support said "no, it has to be a local drive". I also tried mapping a drive. The problem here is (I believe) that the drive mapping is only *visible* to the user who mapped it (not SYSTEM, which is what the Oracle process runs under). Also, when you sign off from the console, the drive mapping is disconnected until you sign in again (assuming you clicked the "reconnect" checkbox).

If you find a way to do this on NT, email me and let me know!

Regards,
Dave