Re: Problem with external procedure

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:41:48 GMT

A copy of this was sent to michael.brung_at_eleve.emn.fr (Michael Brung) (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:33:15 GMT, you wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I'm trying to use an external procedure (let's say it's called out_mail).
>I use CREATE LIBRARY to declare the dynamic library containing it (i work with
>Oracle8 for Solaris).
>I use CREATE PROCEDURE IS EXTERNAL with appropriate options to declare it in
>my package body.
>
>The problem is I get :
>
>ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent
>ORA-06512: at "EDT.MAILPACK", line 13
>ORA-06512: at "EDT.MAILPACK", line 13
>ORA-06512: at line 1
>
>when I try to execute it (MAILPACK is the package containing it).
>
>Do you have any idea about this ? Could it be a problem with one of the Oracle
>config. file (such as listener.ora or tnsnames.ora) ?

Yes it is. Make sure you have setup:

and that your listener.ora file resembles:

LISTENER=
 (ADDRESS_LIST=
  (ADDRESS=
   (PROTOCOL=IPC)
   (KEY=extproc)
  )
  (ADDRESS=

   (PROTOCOL=TCP)
   (HOST=slackdog)
   (PORT=1521)

  )
 )

STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10 SID_LIST_LISTENER=
 (SID_LIST=
  (SID_DESC=(SID_NAME=oracle8)(ORACLE_HOME=/user2/oracle8))   (SID_DESC=(SID_NAME=extproc)(ORACLE_HOME=/user2/oracle8)(PROGRAM=extproc))  )

You need the setup for the extproc service for this to work...

>Thank you for your inputs,
>
>mB

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Thu Apr 16 1998 - 11:41:48 CDT