Re: ORA-00600: Index produces timeout ?

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 16 Apr 1998 14:44:28 GMT

Hi,

take the time toread your docs:

ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [num], [?], [?], [?], [?], [?]

 Cause:

        This is a catchall internal error message for Oracle program exceptions. It indicates that a process has met a low-level, unexpected condition.

     Various causes of this message include:

     time-outs

     file corruption

     failed data checks in memory

     hardware, memory, or I/O errors

     incorrectly restored files

     The first argument is the internal message number. Other arguments are various numbers, names, and character strings. See "Calling Customer Support" for

     more information. The numbers may change meanings between different versions of the Oracle Server.

 Action:

     events that led up to the error

     the operations that were attempted that led to the error

     the conditions of the operating system and database at the time of the error

     any unusual circumstances that occurred before receiving the ORA-00600 message

     contents of any trace files generated by the error

     the relevant portions of the Alert file

     NOTE: The cause of this message may manifest itself as different errors at different times. Be aware of the history of errors that occurred before this internal

     error.

See the oracle alert fiel for further information about the ORA-600.

--

Regards

Matthias Gresz :-) Received on Thu Apr 16 1998 - 09:44:28 CDT