Receiving type of server operating system from sqlplus.

From: Dmitry A. Yermolenko <tmpdyermolenko_at_ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 18:47:56 -0400

Hi,

How can I receive type of operating system on database server from sqlplus?
In Oracle session I need to know I have connect to Sun or Alfa or IBM or etc.
I tried to find any system table or package which can give me this information but found nothing :-(

Is there any way get this information without system calls to database host?

Thanks in Advance.

Dmitry A. Yermolenko Software Engineer, Server Applications Parametric Technology Corp. email: tmpdyermolenko_at_ptc.com 128 Technology Drive phone: (781) 398-6288 Waltham, MA 02154 Received on Wed Apr 15 1998 - 17:47:56 CDT