Re: Locks of type ST - space management

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 15 Apr 1998 15:39:21 GMT

You may want to look up the init.ora parameter temp_table_locks. A couple of years ago when our site was having ST lock related problems and after talking to Oracle support we had to bump this number up. Increasing the size of temporary segments and setting the initial and next extent equal with pctincrease set to zero is a good idea. You can query v$sysstat to check to see if you need more enqueue resources. If you change enqueue_resources you may need to adjust dm_locks parameter also.

BADRI <Badri_at_cris.com> wrote in article <6gtqg1$kvv_at_examiner.concentric.net>...