40 Million rows?

From: Ken Leach <KLeach_at_ids.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:30:01 -0400

I have the need to create a table in Oracle 7.3.4 for NT that will hold over 40 Million rows...
I have never worked with a table so huge.. what suggestions do you have....

Suggested hardware?

The current data will be given to me in a text file and I will have to populate the table somehow, I was thinking of writing a quick little delphi application for that. However I am more concerned with how to set up Oracle to accept such a HUGE table!?

From what I know of the data there are about 10 columns, and number or char's. The data will remain static just need to create views and do query's off it...

ANY suggestions are welcome.

-Ken Leach Received on Wed Apr 15 1998 - 09:30:01 CDT