Re: parameters

From: Phil Hoggins <philh_at_sequent.com>
Date: 15 Apr 1998 13:51:50 GMT

Raising these parameters will have a direct effect on the amount of memory allocated to the SGA hense you saw free memory go down. These parameters are key to performance tuning on a system. shared_pool_size is the amount of memory availiable for user sql, procedures etc to reside in, the more you have the more you can store in memory.
db_block_buffers is the amount os memory available to cache data blocks. the more blocks you can cache the less likely it is to perform an IO to disk to get the data block.
log_buffers is the amount of memory available to store redo log transactions. the more you have the less frequent you will have to write to the redo logs, again reducing IO.

Phil Hoggins,
SEQUENT COMPUTER SYSTEMS. Ed Lufker <elufker_at_swcp.com> wrote in article <6h1hor$jfp$1_at_sloth.swcp.com>...