Re: Oracle DOS on PII

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:04:46 -0600

I can tell you it is possible to O6 on DOS 6.2 if you use the right memory manager (qemm, etc.) It has been a while, but SQLPME uses one flavor of memory management (DPMI?) while DOS/EMM386 uses another (I forget the acronym).

As for the P2/333, I don't know. I have seen other programs have trouble with timing on faster machines. Have you considered downloading/buying an 8.0.3 ? I know it works on a P2/266 (haven't tried straight DOS though.)