Re: newbie question: how to delete a column from a table definition

From: Mick <theryans_at_rapidnet.net.au>
Date: 15 Apr 98 10:32:06 GMT

You could try doing the "create as select from" statement and leave the column out of your new select list. You will still have the re-create your indexes and constraints, but if you use the "unrecoverable" option of the "create as select from" statement, then the table re-create is very quick as it does not generate redo log information and is not as messy as exporting/dropping/re-creating and importing.

Regards,
Michael

Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in article <6gmi1r$9kk_at_bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>...