parameters

From: Ed Lufker <elufker_at_swcp.com>
Date: 15 Apr 1998 05:49:15 GMT

Hi All:

        Could someone please tell me what happens when you adjust the following parmeters;

shared_pool_size = 1000000000
db_block_buffers = 61000
log_buffers = 102400

I changed db_block_buffers from 60000 to 61000, hoping to get more buffers for storing tables and indexes in memory, was this the right thing to do?

What areas get affected?? I noticed that when I upped the db_block_buffers, the free memory went down, what does that mean. Will my users suffer, the free memory went down to 90Meg.

thanks
eddie lufker Received on Wed Apr 15 1998 - 00:49:15 CDT