Re: Pro*C without RDBMS server itself?

From: Michael Krolewski <vandra_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 1998/04/14

Generally when compiling ProC one wants to be connected to the database to confirm that the tables, field sizes etc are correct. It is possible via the
proC precompiler flags to disable this checking.

Generally one is developing code (proC is code) on a developer box that is not the
server. Obviously the RDBMS is not running on a developer box. However the client software (SQL*Net plus the compiled and linked proC program)
does exist on the developer box. The network connection software is relatively small
and should be installed. Remember all users of the software will have SQL*Net running on
their machines.

Mike Krolewski;