Problem with DBMS_SQL

From: Cory Brooks <coryb_at_lilly.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:20:56 -0400

I am getting an invalid character error when I try to execute a stored procedure containing a dbms_sql.parse command.

If I hard code the "statement" (second parameter), it works ok. Eg. dbms_sql.parse(cursor_#,'Select ...',DBMS_SQL.V7);

If I build the statement in a Varchar2 or Char variable Eg.
SQL_STMT := 'Select ...';
DBMS_SQL.PARSE(CURSOR_NUM,SQL_STMT,DBMS_SQL.V7); fails with the following message:
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-20400: ORA-00911: invalid character

Has anyone successfully used a character variable for the statement and if so, was it necessary to do anything special? TIA
Cory Brooks Received on Tue Apr 14 1998 - 14:20:56 CDT