Re: massive delete

From: joe <ramdan_at_mailexcite.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:41:36 GMT

I have had similar situation. What I did was have the DBA index the field that was part of the delete and also set up a very large rollback seqment that we accessed thru - set transaction use rolback seqment xxxx - command. Deleted 100,000 rows in few minutes (Granted we use a SUN Enterprise 6000 server with 10 CPUs and 4 gigs of ram, but is ran much faster than before we made the changes

ramdan_at_mailexcite.com