Clustering

From: art <art_nicewick_at_mail.amsinc.com>
Date: 14 Apr 98 15:00:26 GMT

I like to hear if anyone has experiance with oracle clustering, I heard it can degrade performance up 20% (what your experiance).

What I'd really like to do is cluster a set of tables together. Then turn off clustering for all new inserts (leaving the existing data clustered). This will give me high performance on joins using old accessed data, and no drawback for newly inserted records. (the best of both worlds)..

The only problem is, ... can I do it!? Received on Tue Apr 14 1998 - 10:00:26 CDT