Re: Usage of RowId...

From: <cmohan_at_iname.com>
Date: 1998/04/13

I am not sure what is "optimistic" concurrency. But you can use the DATE datatype to implement concurrency. DATE datatype, infact stores the time also. You may want to try the following to get an idea of the DATE type.

select to_char(sysdate,'dd-mon-yyyy.hh:mi:ss') from dual;

If you are looking for microsecond component, I am not sure how to get that.

Hope this helps,
CM