Re: Usage of RowId...

From: David <darussell_at_msn.com>
Date: 1998/04/11

Rowid's are physical refernces to data rows in Oracle 7 and relative references in Oracle 8, they are of no use as timestamp fields for use with optimistic locking, other than they can be used in place of primary keys. If you wish to implement an optimistic locking strategy create a column in you table of type date.

Regards
David Russell