Re: deadlocks on 7.1.3.2

From: Sree Ghantasala <sree_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 23:34:08 GMT

May be you have referential integrity constraints defined on tables If you dont index the columns used in the ref integrity, oracle will try to lock the whole table in version 7.1 This is fixed partly in 7.2 + onwards.
Index all columns used in ref constraints in the child table .

This should solve your problem
Sree