Re: Ora 1595 followed by Ora 1575

From: joseph Li <lijoecyn_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: 11 Apr 1998 13:30:58 GMT

Hi, I am using Oracle 7.3, I remember getting ORA-01575 once only, but I am getting ORA-01594 together with ORA-01595 quite often. This is a known bug, the solution seems to be to use a larger optimal size for rollback segment. ( as recommended by Oracle Support ) But even after I have increased the optimal size by quite a bit, I am still getting this error from time to time. The error happened when Oracle tried to shrink the rollback segments or when rollback extents are released ( because of commit ). Usually ORA-01594 and ORA-01595 are harmless. I have to check whether this known bug has been fixed in Oracle8 or not.

Regards
Joseph
In article <6giovd$3ik_at_examiner.concentric.net>, Badri_at_cris.com (BADRI) says: