How to boost the performance of a view?

From: Sam <sambavan_at_tenet.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:20:26 -0500

Hi

I have a buch of user info. tables. inorder to retrive the informations at one shot, I created a view. The primary key for the main table is USER_ID and it is the Foreign key to other child tables. The table as a whole has about 20000 records.
When I use the cursor to retrive the information using the USER_ID as where condition, it almost takes about 25-30 secs to retrive the information for me.

Could any body tell me, how I could shorte this fetch time?

Does the view get created (ie formed) every time we make a call to it? I believe its not the way. Thanx in advance. Received on Fri Apr 10 1998 - 16:20:26 CDT