how to set up wellknown ora names server on aix ?

From: Ronald <_ronr__at__wxs.nl_>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 20:49:13 +0200

Hi,

in order to reduce the amount of administration work on the clients I want to set up oracle names. How should I do that. We are using oracle 7.3.2 and sql*net 2.3.2

When I startup names I get
Oracle Names Control for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 2.0.1.1.0 - Productio
n on 09-APR-98 16:30:00

Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1995. All rights reserved.

NNL-00018: warning: could not contact default name server Starting "/oracle/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/bin/names"...server not started, errors follow
TNS-12547: TNS:lost contact
 TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
  TNS-00517: Lost contact
   IBM/AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 32: Broken pipe

which does not look very good to me.
The only configuration file I used was /etc/listener.ora. What do I need more ? The machine I ran this was called oranamesrvr0. What is my problem ? and how can I solve this ?

Any helpful tip/comment is very welcome.

Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: dec 31, 1997) Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 13:49:13 CDT