Problems Installing Oracle7

From: Vasken Knouni <vknoun_at_ctp.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 12:48:24 -0700

I'm trying to install Oracle7 for Solaris 2.5.1. The installation of the RDBMS server, and the other components (SQL*Net, SQL*Plus, etc ...) goes fine. However, when I'm trying to create a database during the installation it fails! The error that comes up is:

Database creation failed. Please check log file.

When I look in the install.log file I see the following error message:

ERROR: The 'CREATE DATABASE' statement for the DES database failed. egrep failed to find '%create_db_key_words%' in the file: /u01/app/oracle/admin/DES/create/crdbDES.lst

Has anyone seen this problem?

Vasken. Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 14:48:24 CDT