Oracle8 case sensitivity

From: Jim Haran <jharan_at_wave.netREMOVE_THIS>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 12:25:56 -0700

    I have Oracle8 for NT. Does anyone know of a configuration parameter that would make the database case insensitive as far as SQL statements are concerned? For example:

    select lastname
    from personnel
    where department like 'd%'

    select lastname
    from personnel
    where department like 'D%'

I would like both of these queries to return any department that starts with the letter d regardless of case. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jim Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 14:25:56 CDT