Re: Updating to version 7.3.4.1 from 7.3.2.3

From: <andrew.nelson_at_astramerck.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 13:33:43 -0600

In article <6gdkh0$c40$1_at_muenster.westfalen.de>, <bigdon_at_self.de> wrote:
tell me something about his experience on updating version 7.3.4.1 from 7.3.2.3 (difficulties, instabilities, mystics)? I'm interested, because i'm an update on our Oracle server and i wonder whether it painful weekend of work for doing that. me some useful hints!
a relatively painless upgrade. All you need to do once you've pointed your instance to the 7.3.4 executables, is run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/cat7303.sql and cat7304.sql and you're there! things to keep in mind:
following lines in your init.ora
unlimited_rollback_segments=true
facility. If not, your connections to the database via SQLNET will take FOREVER to establish and will eventually hang the Listener process. disable Oracle Trace for local SQLPLUS connections, make sure you have exported the following environment variable: connections coming in through SQLNET you must include the following line in your listener.ora file:
entry look as follows:
/orasw/app/oracle/product/v7.3.4)
helps.