Re: Rebuild Index

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: 9 Apr 1998 18:10:11 GMT

The reason to rebuild index is to coalesce the free space into a contiguous disk space. The
best way to do this is to set the parameter pctincrease to 1 for the tablespace in question or
for that matter all tablespaces except Oracle related tablespaces such as SYSTEM, ROLLBACKS, TOOLS etc.

If you do this SMON coalesces the free space. Some times it takes upto about 15 minutes to do it
but it does it automatically.

Try it. Have Fun !!!

suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com

Vincent Birlouez <birlouezv_at_logica.com> wrote in article <351FC799.F71F2E3F_at_logica.com>..

snip >