Missing DBMS_REPCAT_MAS during export

From: <rich_tefft_at_tst.tracor.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 08:57:37 -0600

When performing a full databse export, I get the following error after all the users tables have been exported:

. exporting referential integrity constraints
. exporting posttables actions

     EXP-00008: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
     ORA-06550: line 1, column 18:
     PLS-00201: identifier 'SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_MAS' must be declared
     ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
     PL/SQL: Statement ignored
     ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_SQL", line 348
     ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SQL", line 134
     ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_EXPORT_EXTENSION", line 64
     ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_EXPORT_EXTENSION", line 115
     ORA-06512: at line 1
     EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully
     Wed Apr  8 22:22:49 EDT 1998

The replication option was installed but never configured/used. I searched ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin for DBMS_REPCAT_MAS and found only a script to delete replication objects, not create them. I do not need the replication option, but want to have a recommended course of action before messing with the installer. I am running 7.3.2.3 on Solaris 2.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich Tefft
rich_tefft_at_tst.tracor.com