Re: Temp Tablespace Full

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:38:53 +0200

Gitesh Haridas wrote in message <01bd62b5$1fc97160$afae1cc4_at_gharidas>...
>I have a Temp tablespace of type temporary.
>I recently had to add additional datafile to allow major joins and sorts
>to go through.
>Is there anyway of shrinking a temporary tablespace to reclaim that space,
>after
>the transaction is completed.

We're running with two temp tablespaces. A small 10GB one for the users (and daily usage) and a large 20GB one for month-end production (production jobs does large and complex summaries processing huge data volumes). Thus, during the rest of the month we can simply alter the 20GB tablespace to permanent and use as a work area.

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 06:38:53 CDT