Re: Exporting to Raw Device

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:28:22 +0200

W Douglas wrote in message <35292f76.2149188_at_nntp.cott.com>...
>Will I be able to overcome the 4G file system limit on HP-UX 10.01 by
>using a raw disk device for export ?
>
>Are there any problems in doing this ?

The only way AFAIK to "access" a raw device is via dd. So to export to raw device, you could create a FIFO pipe, start DD to read from it and write to the raw device, and then fire up export and export to the pipe. Right?

BTW, consider yourself lucky - I'm still stuck with 2GB file system limit. Actually 1.7/1.8GB if you include the Unix file system overheads... [sigh]

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 06:28:22 CDT