Personal Oracle 8 problems

From: <amerar_at_unsu.com>
Date: 1998/04/08

Hello,

I just installed Personal Oracle 8.0 on NT. When the installation is complete, I it leave two windows open with various icons. Two of the icons are titled: 'Start Database' and 'Stop Database'.

When I click on the 'Start Database' icon, I get an error message like this:

'Cannot start Oracle8 resource dll'

When I try clicking on 'Stop Database' I get a similar message:

'Cannot shutdown Oracle8 resource dll'

What does this mean and how do I fix it??? I brought SQL Plus and it seemed to open my database for me. I also was able to open Oracle8 Navigator and use the database.

So, why so those start and stop buttons not work???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

--

"A real friend is someone who knows all about you and still respects
you."

Arthur
amerar_at_unsu.com
ICQ#:663601