Re: Listeners, Instances, Ports, ...

From: JRStern <JRStern_at_gte.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:30:27 GMT

On 8 Apr 1998 17:48:01 -0700, joelga_at_pebble.ml.org (Joel Garry) wrote:
>You need to read the concepts manual and get a clear idea of tablespaces,
>segments, schemata, and so on.

I'd love a good overview book, but the ones I've seen so far do not clarify anything. Let me see what we got.

> You should get an experienced
>DBA to help you set things up correctly, before things blow up.

I'm not setting stuff up, or I'd already have blown up enough to know more than I currently do. We have a couple of somewhat experienced users, but not official dba's. I am shocked that this is not enough, but apparently it's not. We have more expert dba's coming in to help, and I'm trying to calibrate even their levels of expertise.

>It depends on what you mean by database!

Sigh.

Josh Received on Wed Apr 08 1998 - 23:30:27 CDT