Re: Listeners, Instances, Ports, ...

From: Mark Moody <mcmoody_at_no.spam.ecentral.com>
Date: 8 Apr 1998 18:40:13 GMT

I run a single listener over six instances on a NT 4.0 Server. Never had a problem. You just need to format your listener.ora file properly. Check out the manual. If you still have problems, I will be happy to send over my listener.ora file. Like yours, each database is hit fairly lightly - 2-3 concurrent users on each instance, Never more than 15 total users accross all six instances.

Mark Moody
Oracle DBA
Woodward-Clyde
Denver, CO Received on Wed Apr 08 1998 - 13:40:13 CDT