Replication

From: JRStern <JRStern_at_primalsys.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 18:11:09 GMT

Does anybody use, trust, and like Oracle replication? We are starting development on a new app, and are considering some designs that might benefit from replication. New to Oracle, I have been told that it's likely better to do a join across databases (horizontally partitioned datasets, in effect), that certainly this is cheaper because Oracle replication costs big money.

Any comments on the above.

Thanks in advance.

Josh Received on Wed Apr 08 1998 - 13:11:09 CDT