Moving Long, long raw data

From: Dong Zhao <dzhao_at_smartdna.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 11:45:34 -0500

We are doing some database conversion project. We have these situations in which we need to move data including some long, (long raw) type of data from one table to another one (with differenct columns definitions). Export/import won't do it in this situation, neither by using insert ... select .... Copy may do it for long (ORACLE says it works, but I never did it, it keep giving me "invalid OCI argument value " type of errors), however it definitely won't work for long raw data.

Any of you know how to do it?

You help would be very much appreciated.

Dong
dzhao_at_smartdna.com Received on Wed Apr 08 1998 - 11:45:34 CDT