Changing a Database Character Set

From: Al <al_at_work>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 11:14:48 -0400

I have inherited a database that was created as US7ASCII. It contains french-accented characters, but they don't sort correctly. I know that if I create a database with an 8-bit character set, they will sort correctly.

However, if you export from US7ASCII and import into an 8-bit database, the existing french characters are not converted properly.

Since the ASCII values of the stored characters are the same in both databases, I want to change the character set of the existing US7ASCII database. Does anybody know how to hack the system tables in order to switch the character set ??

Thanks. Received on Wed Apr 08 1998 - 10:14:48 CDT