Re: Oracle 8, ProC, Solaris 2.6 (Calling PL/SQL function)

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu>
Date: 8 Apr 1998 09:22:32 -0400

In article <352AD8F5.A43EC221_at_blue.ocn.ne.jp>, Mike Ryan <mryan_at_blue.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:
>How can I call this from a ProC program ?

In the future, please post the relevant code. I believe you've the part of the manuals where it explains that functions like DESCRIBE and EXECUTE are SQLPlus functions. Instead you could do something like

	SELECT addxy(1,2)
	  FROM dual

I'm sure that one of the demos included in the ProC installation has an example of accessing PL/SQL functions and procedures.

John
groenveld_at_acm.org Received on Wed Apr 08 1998 - 08:22:32 CDT