Re: Synonym Performance

From: Neil Chandler <oracle_at_tchp2.tcamuk.stratus.com>
Date: 8 Apr 1998 09:42:57 GMT

In article <352957C9.4ED24A21_at_cc.gatech.edu>, Paul Bennett wrote:

When using a public synonym, the SQL can be shared between all users executing that query. i.e. no re-parse necessary.

When using private synonyms, this is not the case. This, I suspect, is down to the fact that each private syonoym is a different object.

If the tables are your own, then the SQL is your own as no-one else is accessing your tables. If each user had their own copy of tables, then you would not necessarily want them all to access using the same access path anyway.

regs

Neil Chandler