Problems installing DBMS_LOB

From: Sven Penne <Sven.Penne_at_Planetinternet.be>
Date: 1998/04/07

I'm using Oracle 8.04 and Webserver 2.01 for Win NT

I want to store text which is bigger than 4000 so it is impossible to use varchar2
Now I want to try a CLOB
therefor I needed to install the DBMS_LOB package I did that, but when I create a procedure I get the following error message :

execution failed due to error 6509

PL / SQL ICD Vector missing for this package

can anyone tell me :

  1. is the combination NT / Oracle 8.04 / Webserver 2.01 reliable to develop applications ?
  2. What is an ICD vector ? and what can I do against the error ?

3)is it easy to load and store data in a CLOB ?

sven penne Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT