v$type_size

From: John Wang <rwang_at_erols.com>
Date: 1998/04/07

Hi, folks:

there is this view called V$type_size. if you do select size from v$type_size, you will get an oracle error: missing expression. i cannot figure why it does that. size is a column in the view. why can I not select it?

The reason I use it is I need to get a formula to estimate the space for tables. In oracle documentation, there is a formula that does that, it is referencing that view. is there any script or utility that can estimate space for non clusterred tables?

thanks

john w. Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT