Re: BDE with Personal ORACLE.

From: Ronny <ivarsen_at_online.no>
Date: 1998/04/04

Jojo wrote:

> Yikes , its that BDE again .... ; -)
>
> Assuming that you have properly configured your SQLNET V2 ,
> Try this , if you are using SQLLinks not ODBC , you have to change the oracle
> DLL that the SQLLink driver is using ... The SQLLink configured by default to
> use an NT driver which is not present with the Oracle on Win95...
> (I forgot the name ) It is something like orant72.DLL or some thing ... Try to
> find the right DLL supplied by oracle by searching all the DLL in your
> ORACLE_HOME on the Win95 machine ...
> It is probaly named like orawin73.dll or oracle72.dll .... (Geezz I'm sorry I
> cant remember the right name )
>
> I'm not an avid admirer of the DBE and Delphi since I only worked with it a
> few times and made my comparison with other database engine such as Oracle ,
> You may encounter a few more problems with it than this one ... Maybe I'll try
> to use it again after a few more version revision ....
>
> Anyway I hope this helps Good Luck ..
>
> Jodsum
> Oracle DBA
> joseph_sumalbag_at_bose.com
> The statement mentioned above are my own and doesn't necessary states the
> opinion of my clients ..
>
> Rab Boyce wrote:
>
> > On a related front, I am having trouble connecting the 16 bit BDE supplied
> > with
> > Delphi 1 CS to Personal Oracle for Windows 95 7...I can connect to an NT
> > Server ORACLE installation...from the same machine...The Alias for the
> > Personal ORACLE database causes the machine to lock up....
> >
> > Do I have to modify the DLLs used by the BDE using BDECFG?
> >
> > Rab Boyce.
> > Mythsys Consultants.

ORAWIN73.DLL is the 16-bit DLL.
ORA73.DLL is the 32-bit DLL.

Using Delphi 1.0:
Install Oracle for Win3.11 drivers, (16-bit) Make sure path is set to "c:\orawin\bin" or wherever you set it to, on the drivers-panel of the BDE-config set vendor-init to "ora73win". Use the pull-down, and correct the number!

Ronny Ivarsen
ivarsen_at_online.no Received on Sat Apr 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CST